As a UX Researcher at Openfield, you will be involved in every step of the research process. You will be responsible for translating findings from observation and user interviews into confident, product-specific recommendations that inform design exploration, prioritization and refinement. You will work with the design team and stakeholders to understand goals, identify the right users, moderate sessions with individual participants, and share your findings back with the design and product teams. A great researcher will not only be able to identify bias with their results, but also find ways to help minimize bias throughout the process.
At Openfield you will work closely with the UX Designers and other Researchers to create world class experiences for our clients. You will report to the Research Lead, but also look to the Design Lead and Accessibility Lead for guidance and growth.
- A background in Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, or related field
- At least 1-3 years experience in a research role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and working knowledge of the following:
- UX and user-centered design principles and processes
- User/usability research and testing
- Remote testing tools and usability testing software
- Strengths and weaknesses of different research methodologies
- Plan, develop, and execute research studies designed to address product and user needs.
- Collaborate on plans and methods with Lead or Senior researchers.
- Be responsible for both discovery and validation studies.
- Qualitative and/or quantitative studies
- Conduct face-to-face and remote research studies with individuals or groups of participants.
- Identify user characteristics that fit your target demographic, compose invitation emails based on templates, track participants, and identify bias in your participant group.
- Translate findings from observation and feedback into confident, product-specific recommendations that inform design exploration, prioritization, and refinement.
- Identify any bias or opportunities for risk resulting from study that could impact recommendations.
- Maintain a positive relationship with peers, clients, vendors, and engineering teams.
- Influence digitally inclusive design and accessibility across all Openfield projects by participating in the adaptation and evolution of UX and research best practices.
- Manage individual workload across one or more projects.
- Represent Openfield as experts in the UX, Research, and EdTech space.
- Contribute to the creation of Openfield content articles and case studies.
- Advocate for Openfield’s process when working with clients.
- Internalize research findings and relate them to client work.
Bonus (What will make us like you more)
- Experience with research, usability testing, user interviews, discovery research, and validation testing
- Understanding of product design and development
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis (including light statistical analysis)
Traits that will make you the right fit for our culture:
- Meticulous & flawless in your craft
- Unafraid to voice your opinion
- Agile and adaptable
- Empathetic and approachable
- Reliable and dedicated
- Passionate about doing the best work possible
- Highly organized
- Able to work autonomously
- The person everyone wants to collaborate with